Baby food stage 2

How old was your LO when you moved them from stage 1 baby food to stage 2. My doctor says wiat till shes 8 months old but I think thats too late.

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I say go with your gut instinct. I can not remember how old they were when I switched them. No one knows your child better than you do, go with what you are comfortable with.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My baby started with stage 2 at 6 months... he didn't like how think the stage one foods were they gave him the creeps. Now I mostly make his food at 7 months... but when he gets jars he gets stage 2 and 3 and we are starting some finger foods.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i think i started my lo on stage 2 at about 6 months also. i didnt really notice any difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 except that the stage two came in a bigger contianer.
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I never did stage 1. We started stage 2 at 4 months. It's just a bigger jar. Put half of it in a bowl and give that for the meal. Put the other half in the fridge for the next meal. Two jars of stage 1 cost MORE than one jar of stage 2. The only difference is the size of the jar.

By 8 months, our boys were almost totally on table foods...diced up pieces.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I started out making my own baby food, so he pretty much started on stage 2. The main difference is texture. Stage 2 is thicker, sort of like applesauce. He never would take stage 1, I had to mix cereal into it to make it thicker for him otherwise he would spit it out.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i started stage 2 when my little one started eating 4 or more of the stage one foods a day. she transitioned pretty well. the first day on stage 2 she tried to eat 4 jars of it like she did stage 1 and got a belly ache that night, but she did great after that. we didn't even start baby food until she was 6mos. so it was probably about 2 weeks later.....maybe about 7mos at the latest. I am having to mix cereal with the thinner stage 2 foods now because she likes thicker foods. When they are thin i think she thinks they are a drink since i started trying to teach her how to drink from a cup. its funny watching her do that. she does really well though. i was surprised.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my son hates purees. we make his food but it has to have chunks or he's not interested. he's been gumming it pretty much since he started solids.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• as soon as my DD finished each stage one we moved to the stage 2 jars. Stage 2 are just a bit thicker and come in more flavors. Juat make sure you do the same as with stage 1 and give time to make sure there are no allergies to the foods.
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2009