My man is having a vasectomy next week. I need to know if he will be in too much pain the following day to watch two kids while I work.

What do you think? I have NO idea!

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Health

• My DH had it done last year and was pleasantly surprised at how easy the recovery was, all the worrying beforehand was much worse he said. I'd say it depends on how old your kids are, toddlers could be tough with chasing and lifting...but doable I think.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No he should be ok. My ex had one and was achey the day of but the next day was fine.

Answer by gemgem at 1:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It depends on the man, some may have more pain than others. To be safe, I suggest assuming he won't feel like it. From what I googled, men with sedentary jobs (they sit at a desk all day) can likely return to work after 2 days. So this seems to mean that running after and picking up children the next day isn't a good idea.

Answer by Bmat at 1:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i think this is going to depend on your man in general. and the age of your children.
    my husband had one done about a year ago and was barely able to move the next day he was so swollen.
    Anonymous

• Depends on the age of the kids. He will be in pain and uncomfortable.He wont want to do a lot of moving around. My SIL just had it done. My DD said it was hard for him to move around.  Walk,,, sit down..

Answer by louise2 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• DH couldn't lift the baby until 2 days after (He had it on Friday, was lifting the baby by Sunday). If he has to lift the kids or chase them around a lot, you might want to make other arrangements. It all depends on the kids' ages.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Mine couldn't do any heavy lifting for a week afterwards. He couldn't lift greater than 15 lbs. He wore his jock strap for 2 weeks and was on vicodin for several days afterwards..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• lol...women are hilarious.
    Anonymous