Has your baby ever sudddenly " not liked you"? all she wants is my husband, she cries when she comes to me!

:( i dont know what to do----not too long ago she just wanted me... she 8 months old

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 1:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd goes back and forth btw us, it's normal. I know it hurts a little, but pretty soon she will only want mommy again, and you will be having to reassure daddy.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Is your DH around your DD more then you are???

Answer by louise2 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• no me more then him- but he has been laid off for a couple of weeks...
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 1:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• haha, thats a joke between me and my now 13yr old! she hated me as a baby- or at least it felt llke it! but now we are so close, she's very clingy tomboy/cheerleader and looks like betty boop!
    i think as long as we ,make ourselves strong- we can accept our babies not choosing us- and still know they love us somewhere deep in there lol
    keep your headup mama they do grow out of that.
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 2:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• When my daughter was born she was a daddy's girl! i couldnt get her sleep or anything. if she was crying all he had to do was look her way and she would stop! Then it all changed. She was a mommy's girl and didnt want daddy. Then around 3 months it changed back. she only wanted daddy. Then again around 6 months it changed back to me, and it has been that way for a while. If she is crying i am the only one who can get her stop! If you stay home with her, which i do, it could have something to do with it, because she doenst see daddy all day like she does you. But dont worry she will come around and want you again, its just a phase they go through, but i know it breaks your heart! Its BS we do all the work for 9 months and go through the pain and they normally always look like daddy and want daddy! LOL I wish all we had to do was have "fun"! LOL :)
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 2:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It is just a phase. She will get over it soon. All of my kids have done that to me. If your dh has been laid off then he has been around her more right. That is probably why.
    Anonymous