Are you an impatient momma?

I'm in general very impatient and short tempered. I know to some this makes me terrible mother but I know my children are well taken care of, they are not abused. Is there any other mommas brave enough to admit they have NO patience??

Kimeley

Asked by Kimeley at 2:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it depends on how I'm feeling that day. Some days I just want to be left alone and that makes me impatient and short tempered. I notice I'm like that often if I don't get enough time off from babysitting.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I had my son young so I can say i was immature and impatient with him now that He is older I would have to say I'm alot more laid back with him!!! Which helps he really seems to listen better when I'm more understanding and have more patients with him!!
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think I have more patience than most in general, but there are certain things that definitely push my buttons...whining and when DD and DS fight over a toy. No patience for those things at all.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am very impatient and short tempered. It's hard sometimes. My kids are not in harm's way nor are they abused. It's something I am trying to deal with.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 2:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Sigh,....yes, I am.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes, I am impatient and admit it. I truly think no mother is perfect.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 2:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i used to be... i try to work on it, when it comes to the baby anyway...but like today..omg he is really pushing buttons thinking its funny... its like he forgot the rules or just doesnt care... so he went down for an early nap today....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• sometimes, most of the time i think i'm very patient though, not so much with my husband though. hahah.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• When my kids were little, I was a single mom most of the time, working LONG hours in a high-stress job, so I was very impatient with my kids. I can remember using barking commands ("Sit!", "Stay!", etc.) just to save time, and I got a lot of dirty looks and a few comments about how rude it was to talk to my kids like they were dogs. Fortunately, as I am aging, I am becoming much more tolerant and patient, and there are times I wish I could undo some of the impatient things I did to my kids when they were little. I just try to do better now and hope to God they remember these better times when they think back on their childhood.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009