bad cough.

my 4 and 2 year old daughters have really bad congestion and cough i dont want to give them the cough medicine because of the history of the cough medicines will soup really help or is the something else i can give them. my kids dont get sick like this too often

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 2:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I agree on not giving them cough medicine but there are homeopathic (all natural) cough and cold medicines that you can buy at The Health Food stores that don't have the harmful ingredients in them that regular cough medicines do. If you don't get them any of this then just alternate Children's Tylenol and Motrin when needed to help. Other then that you can let them breathe in hot steam from the bathroom shower, use a humidifier if you have one, elevate their heads w/ a pillow when they sleep, give them a teaspoon of honey for cough. Make them some warm comforting soup. Stay away from white sugar b/c it temporarily depletes the immune system. And give them 100% juice w/ 100% vitamin C.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My daughter is 4 and her dr recommended giving her Childrens Motrin Cold, which does have pseudophed, but has been given the ok for children 4 and older. She took 4 doses of it in a day and a half and it really helped.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Aribnoglatan works wonderfully and is safe for all ages. It is natural and from the larch tree, a powder that mixes easily in water or any liquid.
    It naturally boosts immune systems and works great.
    I know many, many mothers who have used this with great success (including myself with my children).
    MaryElle

Answer by MaryElle at 12:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2009