upper back pain

i know when your pregnant your back hurts but typically isnt it your lower back? my lower back doesnt hurt for nothing but i had a sharp pulling pain in my uper back on just the right side that shoots from my back to the front right under my right boob in my rib cage area.
its been this way for weeks now and seems to be at its worse only when sitting. i thought it was my posture so i have made sure to be sitting up straight iv tried sitting on a birthing bally iv tried it all and the pain doesnt get better. while standing its not so bad and while laying down its there but doesnt hurt as bad.
anyone know whats going on? iv asked my dr and he just kind of said its probably nohting i dont see him again till next week.
yes iv tried heating pads, ice packs, massage and i excersise daily.
im 31wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is normal all i can say is try a warm bath or shower and some tylenol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The only time I had upper back pain was when I was having problems w/ my gall bladder and had to have it removed. Not saying this is your situation, but just an idea. hope you feel better soon.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i had this problem and it was a bladder infection.. they were really sharp pains.. that woke me up one night.. i got scared and called the doctor they test my urine and told me i had a acute bladder infection which was treatable with antiboictics... good luck
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009