more help if you please

okay i know alot of you read the post about my dad and thank you for the prayers and thoughts now i have another dilemma i have a sister (well two )one in georgia and one about fifteen minutes away from my mom and dads house. in three years she has done nothing for them. not take them to appointments the store nothing just go and steal their meds and ask for money. one time my dad was in the nursing home she took his truck blew it up and left it sit i had to pay to have it towed back to their house. in the past year and a half she has had no contact at all with them not even a phone call to see how they are she does not know my dad has been in the hospital my mom wants to know if she should call her i know what my answer is what do you think? i know it is her dad but she could have had some concern in all this time.

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah call her, my sister was a horrible drug addict , and did a lot of the same things to my parents that your sister has done and we still made sure to let her know he was dying. Then when he passed we tracked her down and let her know when the funeral was,she didn't show, but we let her decide wheather she would come or not.
    She is clean now and still regrets that she didn't go to the funeral, but appreciates that eventhough she was horrible to us throughout that time we still took the time out to let her know.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 2:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• call her jodi- call your sister in georgia and tell her its time to come back again.
    your sister deserves to know her father is dying even though she hasn't been there. at least it wont come back and bite you in the butt later down the road.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes she should be called. She may not be the "perfect" daughter or sister but she is still a part of the family.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Honestly, if i were you Id call her, you might regret it if you dont. She should have been there in the past and she shouldnt have acted the way she did, but do it for your dad, Im sure he would like to see her one last time. (not saying it will be the last time, but just in case)
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• A phone call to let her know would keep your conscious cleared, what she chooses to do with that information is up to her.

MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 2:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'm gonna just say follow your heart and do what it tells you to do... Sending prayers your way!
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 2:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'd call her but also let her know how you feel to get it off your chest. Don't let any anger stay bottled up. I know how it is when siblings are a$$holes.
    Anonymous

• ughhh i dont want to she has caused them so much grief and pain and everytime he would go to the hospital my mom would ask if he wanted her to call my sister and he would say no. god this is sooo damn tough
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes. Now is not the time for anger. Deal with that at a different time. Try to just think about Mom and Dad and NOT about the family crap. We all have family crap. Make this solely about Mom and Dad. Just the idea that Mom is asking makes me believe Mom wants everyone there and at peace for a little while. I would call and tell her what is going on and say, this is a family time to get together to say goodbye.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• He probably said no because he knew she wouldn't come anyways. But like a pp said, you at least should call her, what she does is up to her.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009