How often babies has to lookat you when you call them by name

Hello..I have a 5 months old baby and i call him by his name, sometimes he looks at me right away in the first call, but other times i have to call him 3 or 5 times for get his attention and make him look at me...is that normal? or they have to answer his name the first time i call him? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IMO,,,,Your over reacting..Getting a little paranoid.IMO.If your worried about his hearing, you should talk to his doctor about it.IMO

Answer by louise2 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• 5 months is a little young for such expectations. my son is 7 1/2 and has just started to consistantly look every time i say his name.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think that everything is fine. Sometimes they are busy and don't hear you and sometimes he is probably just ignoring you. I think it is normal for them not to answer you the first time everytime.
    MelissaLea84

Answer by MelissaLea84 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Kaylee is 9 months and doesn't look every time that I call her name. Sometimes she is purposefully ignoring me cause she is playing, or she knows I am gonna tell her "no" so she ignores me.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Perfectly normal!
    they know thier names early on...but get busy (thier minds can only focus on so much at a time)
    give it time!!! and take soem time to enjoy when he does turn around. :)
    JaiceeRose

Answer by JaiceeRose at 3:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2009