My baby boy

I'm still in love with my sons father and am trying to move on. He has full custody of my son so every night I call to say goodnight I have to talk to him it seems like. And I have to listen to my son talk about his dad's gf and listen to her laugh and talk in the back ground. I'm having alot of problems moving on. He was my first love and got full custody of my son b/c I moved out of state b/c I had a terrible attorney. Does anyone have advice on how I can help myself move on and maybe what you did to help deal with the heart ache. Right now I keep my self busy with school, friends, and working out. I just really need help moving on b/c he obviously no longer loves me :( HELP!!!!

CMead02

Asked by CMead02 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• The first step is realizing you need to move on, so you have already started! It'll just take time to come to terms with this. Understand that you may always have love for him b/c he was your first love and b/c he is a dad (and sounds like a good one...) to your son. Its ok to keep love in your heart for him. And kudos for seeming to recognize that your son is happy and the gf is not the enemy. Like i said, you seem to be in the process of moving on...and remember its that...a process. Nothing will happen overnight. You are doing the right things, just wait for the timing to be right. IMO theres also nothing wrong with casually dating to help get over someone...the best way to forget about an old "mr.right" is to get under a new one! LOL....Hang in there! It will get easier over time...and theres no time table for this sort of thing. Hugs!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• wITH A tHING LIKE THIS HONNEY I SAY GOD, HE CAN HELP YOUR PAIN AN MISERY, THATS ALL THAT GOT ME THRU SOMETHING LIKE THIS
    Anonymous