omg i am so sorry maybe my mind is just numb

so my son is going out of town to a playoff game tonight. he doesnt play just going to watch. should i call the school and tell them to send him home on the bus should i just let him go what ? i dont know what to do? guys i am so sorry i feel really stupid right now i just dont know what to do ?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• jodi he won't remember this silly game 10 years down the road.. he'll remember saying goodbye. I still remember the last time i saw my papaw when he was dying of cancer. I was about 10, I remember the hall, the room, the window in the hall looking out, the cd that I had bought earlier that day and that cd that played formonths and moths to help me grieve. I can picture it all and it still makes me cry. I just did because I remember how hard that was- he needs those memories and that one last time. trust me. he won't remember the game but he will remember saying bye.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• does he want to go? why isnt he playing?? i say if he wants to go, let him....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• get him home so he can say goodbye if he needs too
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• If you already told him he could go, then I wouldnt get him sent home on the bus. How old is he? If he is an older boy..like over 13 or so, he might get upset, and just go anyway. Maybe call him at the school, and talk to him about it. Tell him your concerns, and whatnot, and figure out the best solution.
    KGeist86

Answer by KGeist86 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would tell him the situation, and let him decide
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Pick him up and take him with you. It is his grandpa and he needs to say goodbye.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Think saying goodbye to his grandfather takes presidence over him going to a silly game that he doesn't even play in.
    I would not let him go to the game. Stand firm on your decision
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 2:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• He needs to come home and say goodbye to his grandpa.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree with everyone who says he needs to stay home. You need him near you as well. Good luck.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 2:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• He needs to stay home, I would find a way to phrase it so it sounds to him that he's the one choosing to stay and say goodbye. That way he doesn't act bitter. But he might surprise you and rather stay to tell his grandpa goodbye anyway.

(((HUGS))))
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009