Is it safe to take pepto bismol when pregnant?

I think i have one of those stomach bugs going around, and have had diarrhea and been puking all day....not to mention im pregnant (15 weeks) and the normal morning sickness...

missamanda86

Asked by missamanda86 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ya it is its on my list of things i can take
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No, you absolutely can't! It has a lot of aspirin in it and can cause harm for your baby while pregnant. My uncle is a pharmacist and my husband is a doctor. No, you cannot take it!
    Anonymous

• omg ask your DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you see that you have received 2 DIFFERENT ANSWERS HERE. THAT IS A BIG CLUE THAT THE INTERNET IS UNRELIABLE.

Ugh.
    Anonymous

• I was told no....I believe that the warnings on the back say not too also. Talk to your Dr!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• nOT AT ALL...IT CONTAINS ASPRIN.
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 8:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• So whomever answered anonymously, my doctor told me i can take it....hows that for unreliable...so go screw yourself....

And thank you all! I didnt take it, i finally got my stomach settled
    missamanda86

Answer by missamanda86 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009