What do you do when you feel under appreciated by your man?

Do you say something? Be mean? Work even harder to make him feel worse? Ignore everything to see how bad it gets?

I feel like I've been doing 99% of the work lately. How do I tell him that and get the point across.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• i straight up tell him
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I tell him. Not in a complaining voice and not accusing. I don't say you are taking me for granted. I say do you like the meatloaf? I guess that mainly it is food that I spend time and though on and like to have some feedback. Other things such as cleaning and so forth I don't really need recognition for. But when I spend a couple hours preparing a meal, I like to have some acknowledgment. :)

Answer by Bmat at 2:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• What kind of work do you do,, that he does not do?

Answer by louise2 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Tell him or wear a sign around my neck. Men can be stupid creatures. Tell him what you expect of him. Don't assume he knows. Give him a check list of things to do. That's how the TO DO list was created. Some smart woman figured it out and created it, filled it out and handed it to her hubby.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I stop doing the things he takes for granted like cooking, his laundry, buying him that extra little something at the store etc. Then he realizes and knows why I stopped and apologizes.

Answer by gemgem at 2:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• All of the housework, including dishes, laundry, cleaning the bathroom, cooking and picking up of kids toys, taking out the trash, walking the dog.. etc etc. PS. We both work full time, the same hours.
    Anonymous

• My response was Anon at 2:41 was to answer Louise2's question, sorry!
    Anonymous

• Yup agree with number one...tell him! They are men they dont know unless we tell them! Unlike us women who can get the point pretty quickly without being told...they cant! I tell my hubby and I'm really emotional so i cry easy and i cry and that normally makes him feel worse than i did! Not that i am intentionally doing it, but it works! GL
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 2:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would tell him but, tell him in a way that he responds you know him better than anyone else.....would he respond better if you yelled or if you sat down and explained how your feeling...think about it and then tell him that way.
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i tel him in a real sarcastic way
    JuJu_Bean

Answer by JuJu_Bean at 3:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2009