• In the Spotlight:

omg what should she do cuz im in the same position

my friend is 13 and she is kinda with this guy.....they r madly in love with eachother but her parents dont want her with him....she is talking about having a baby with this guy and he wants a baby with her to.....should she try if u took her age out of the equation and took her parents out of the problem then should she try for a baby if she has been in love with this guy for close to 3 years now and he is madly in love with her to....we know he loves her cuz they've already had sex and he still stayed wiating for her even when she moved on he waited!!! and if im not pregnant i want to get pregnant to and my mom dont want me with my guy either so what should we do im older then her though just a lil older though!!!

Scared772

Asked by Scared772 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• First off having a baby just because youre in love is stupid. Kids are a very real responsibility and they cost money. Do you have a job? A place of your own to live? Have you finished school? If not then get on birth control and wait. It isnt fair to bring a baby into the world thats not going to have a mommy or daddy that can provide for it. Babies are alot of work and arent just something that you decided to have because omg I love him.

Answer by gemgem at 2:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree with the above poster. Competely taking your age and parents out of the equation...ask yourself this:

How are you going to support this child? If you say food stamps, WIC, or welfare that is VERY irresponsible of you.

If you answered no to any of the following questions then you (and your friend) are not ready to have a baby.
    Do you have a job? Do you have a home (that is NOT your parents or his) for your family to live? Can you pay for rent, groceries, baby food and formula?

CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Ridiculous! Of course she shouldn't TRY! I am hoping this post is a "fake". why the hell would anyone 13 ( or close to it) be joining Mother boards anyway? What makes her think she can financially take care of a baby. ( her body isn't ready for one either). This just makes me sick. At 13 I was consumed with Cheerleading, Soccer, shopping with friends, dreaming about being a singer, etc. HEll! I just put up my Barbie dolls a few years prior! She might think she is "in love" but it will NEVER work. there will be plenty of boys/men to come. FYI a Teenagers brain isn't fully developed until mid-20's! Hence the reason why teens make such irrational STUPID decisions!
    Anonymous

• lol gemgem. so true. you hit the nail on the head
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Wow you have alot to learn honey!
    Anonymous

• Ok let me break this down for you.
    Diapers $20 week
    Wipes $5 week
    Formula assuming youd actually stay in school $10-15 a week
    Rent for your own place $150 a week
    Car$2000 for a beater
    Insurance $80 a mth
    Gas $50 a mth assuming you only go to school, work and home
    Groceries for yourself $70 a week
    Insurance unless you get medicaid $300 a mth with maternity
    Circumcision if its a boy $225
    Carseat $75
    Crib *used with mattress* $150
    Clothes for baby never ending but lets say $200 to get started
    Maturity- PRICELESS
    Anonymous

• i'd like to add that persons list that say your baby has colic or an allergy to milk or his stomach has a hard time breaking down the whey protein like my son did.. we had to buy special formula for him called nutramigin want to know how much that cost?? 25 dollars for a can that lasted only 3 days. YES THREE DAYS.. over 50 dollars a WEEK
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Kids are ignorant!!!!!! Grow-up before you decide to have a baby!! Damn...don't get me started!!!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 2:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• If this guy loves you so much he will wait until your both older and take care of a baby. You don't need to rush you're just a kid yourself. If you have one now that poor child will have to grow up without the things he/she needs. Please wait....
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Neither one of you should breed, you do not take being a parent seriously. Having a baby is not a way to keep a man nor a way to show you love him...you know what...Nevermind. I call Troll.

jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2009