Is anyone out there sick of other people trying to tell you what's best for your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes!! everyone , especially grandma thinks they know better!!
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes!!!! Everyone is always don't let him do that don't let him eat that. I always do and my son is 100% more well behaved then me and my sisters were!! I think that everyone should raise there kids how they want.
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• yea i went to wic today and had to fill out a questionaire of what she eats and drinks and then they were like oh you shouldn't be giving her that and she doesnt need that much juice during the day and blah blah blah then i take her to the doctor and she is perfect they are concerned that she supposedly lost a pound from her last visit to today well you dumb asses you took her weight last time with all her clothes on and this time you took them all off.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• nope, because I know what I am doing right so I just ignore them because I know I am right and that their suggestions are wrong. If someone says something that might make me think, I am thankful for their suggestions.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• YES!!!!! It is crazy! We are mom, and we know whats best! I really hate it when you ask a question on here and people jump down your throat like your doing something wrong being the question or someone who answers! The whole real food and cereal in a bottle is what gets me the most! it didnt hurt our generation growing up, but now all of a sudden because a group of doctors said it could be bad it is now the most horrible thing ever! UGH!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 2:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Nope! i may not be "perfect" (who is?? lol but i am the best for my son!
    it is annoying but you have to do what you can for you and your child/children!
    JaiceeRose

Answer by JaiceeRose at 3:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes, I am and especially because it comes from my mother in law. She drives me crazy some times.
    ixadorexpink

Answer by ixadorexpink at 3:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No one does that to me.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Only DH's "annoying friends", who ask pointed questions like "why do you comfort your 9 month old when he hurts himself? Won't that make him cry more?". Everybody else either doesn't say anything, or gives advice so tactfully that I don't know they're giving it. Many people are exceptionally kind and say I'm doing well and make me feel better, even when I know I'm not. I love nice people!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Oh dear - yes. Hold on tight, it doesn't end just because your child exits the "baby stage." It goes on and on and on and on and on. . . You're a mom. Part of the "joy" of motherhood is busybodies who can parent your child better than you can!

The good news is you'll learn how to role your eyes and say "Thank you very much for your concern." And then move on.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009