i took a pregnancy test and the lins that show that tell u that u r pregnant showed up very fant than i took a cheap pregnancy test and it said no so was does that mean ?

angel_megan

Asked by angel_megan at 2:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the cheap oene might have not been able to detect the same amount of hcg as the more expensiveone
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would take another test.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• if you got faint lines then nits a positive on the cheap one i agree it probably didnt pick up the hcg but even faint positive is a positive
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• take another test. Try first response. It was positive for me 3 days before my missed period. The cheaper one probably just isnt able to detect smaller levels of HCG.

Good luck!
    nsteinerlpn

Answer by nsteinerlpn at 2:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Take another one in the morning. When I was pregnant with my 1st the line barley showed up. The doc said that if there is even a hint of a line you are pregnant. Good luck!
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Depends on what time of day you tested with each of them! First morning urine contains the most HCG which is what the HPT's pick up! If you took the expensive one first, and it were faint, then tookthe cheap one later on, you probably didnt have enough HCG to pick up on the 2nd test. Try a first response test in the morning, or wait a few days and try again, the levels should be higher then, so it should show up darker! Good luck!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 3:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would just go to the doctor. I took a home pregnancy test and it showed up that i want not. I was feeling sick and went to the dr a few weeks later and guess what. I AM VERY PREGNANT! I will never waist my money on athother home pregnancy test again.
    Anonymous

• I took 2 test 2 weeks ago and they were both neg. On Fri, 2/13, I bought 2 first resp and they were both positive. The first resp was only like $6.80 for 2 test. I agree with every1 else you may not have had enought hcg for the cheap lest. I would but another test and take it the first time to use the restroom in the morning.
    Megan24

Answer by Megan24 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You also want to be careful about reading the test too late. If you wait like 10 or 15 minutes on some tests, the lines will show whether you are pregnant or not. So if you read the test after the 3 minutes & it shows negative but after 15 minutes you look at it & it shows two lines, you might not be pregnant because the saturation of urine on the test will make both lines show eventually. But I think the other answers are correct--take a new test first thing in the morning (with the first pee). Best of luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009