Suspended

i got a suspended license and i got pulled over a few weeks ago an to find out my license had been suspended for 3weeks. I got a summons in the mail to be in court for a DWSL in the 3rd Degree and i am not sure whats going to happen? If this has happened to you can you please let me no what is going to happen or at least what to expect. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• I use to work for a county sheriff...Make sure you go to court, because if you don't there will be a warrant issued for you for DWSL and failure to appear!!! When you go to court, depending on the judge, you will get a fine or whatever he/she finds appropriate punishment. And if they suspend your license for longer...Don't drive!!!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 3:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Hi, yeah...need to know what state you are in.
    Anonymous

• Definately do not miss your court date or there will be a bench warrent for you (then if they find you you get arrested and wait in jail for the court date).

Either way, when you get to court, the judge will probablly ask if you know why you were suspended, why you didn't deal with that thing previously. You will have to pay the fine for BOTH charges. I am not sure if they will let you "owe it" since you already got suspended once. They will prefer payment THAT day.

Once your payment is set, they will remove the suspension.

Good luck! Don't be too worried, everyone will be professional, since they work for the governement/police department.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2009