i have a hard time talking to my boyfriend a bout our baby we lost. i try to bring it up but it feels really werid talking to him about it i feel like it dont bother him because he dont want to talk about but thats just how he is he blocks stuff out what should i do ?

angel_megan

Asked by angel_megan at 3:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Find someone else to talk about it with. If that is how he deals with his grief you can't change it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my husband and i dont talk about it both of us feel how can you move on if you keep it right there and we have lost 3 agree if you must talk about it find someone else you can make him want to talk abou tit
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• In general, men don't feel the need to discuss things like we do. They prefer to think about it and deal with it privately. It is natural for you to want to talk about it. I'd suggest explaining to him that you need to talk about the loss and asking if he'll help you by discussing it with you. If he feels uncomfortable about this, talk with a friend or relative or even a counselor.

Answer by Bmat at 3:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• dont push him into talking about it... just ask him calmly why he doesnt like to talk about it, he could just be so emotionally upset that he doesnt want to show that vulnerability...
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 3:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Sorry that you have lost your baby, it must be very difficult. Best to try and find someone that you can talk and open up to. Maybe your mom, or close friend. I don't think men get it like we do. Not saying that they don't care, but they don't go thru everything we do, which I think is why they can't open up when it comes to issues like that. Good luck hun!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Im sure you are hurting really bad and going thru alot emotionally. Just because he won't talk about it doesn't mean he doesn't care. Men deal with things differently. do you have a friend you can talk to? send me a msg if you need to chat.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2009