Would you have your baby outside of the u.s.?

I and my family moved to africa to help take care of my ill father-in-law, The medical care here sucks. I have been pregant two times before, so i know pregancy inside and out. So my question is would you stay over seas and have your baby or go back to the u.s. to have him or her and then come back. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes I would depending on the country and if they have the same advancements as this country or more. In your case Id go to the states and have the baby. In fact Id look into staying until you could get the immunizations you need for the child.

Answer by gemgem at 3:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would go back to the states and have it there! JMO
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• if it was me id come back but if it happen it happens right
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I love this country, I love that I am a citizen here and I want that for my children. Full citizenship, not partial. I would come back for medical reasons too.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 4:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would love to birth anywhere but the US - or Brazil. Personally, our maternity care system is so messed up, you'd probably have better outcomes in another industrialized nation.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 4:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It would depend on where in Africa. And whether you are in an urban area. and how smooth your pregnancy is going. If there's a US embassy there, where do they go for medical care?
    mama_k228

Answer by mama_k228 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes, in one of the developed countries with a more natural view on birth since many have a better infant nad baby mortality rate anyway. I don't think the US is a great place to have a baby anyway.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• oops *baby and mother mortality*
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The thought of having to give birth in the US freaks me out..i would take most other countries over the US.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009