How do you feel about prop feeding your infants?

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 3:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm really against it. That is such a special moment to get to share with your baby. I always wanted to be the one to sit and feed my oldest(the only one ever on a bottle)...besides it gave me an excuse to sit!

Your baby needs to be held and loved while they are eating...if they can't hold the bottle on their own there is no reason I can think of that is good enough to prop the bottle.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My breasts were just not that big...well, yes they are. But I don't feel like prop feeding is a great thing, but sometimes if you have multiple kids it can be neccesary. Good luck momma, make sure baby doesn't choke is all I worry about. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Well, I don't do it, but who am I to judge other moms who do? Not my kids? Not my business.
    When I earn a "Best Mom in the World" badge, then I can judge other moms!! lol
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• In my defense, I have twins and breastfeeding was unfortunately not an option. I don't do it a lot, only when I have to feed both of them at the exact same time which is actually rare (maybe once every couple days). Is it worse than just letting one cry for 15 minutes while I feed the other?
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 3:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I just noticed you had twins, ok well what about if you find a nice comfy spot where you can sit and hold one comfortable and then have the other leaning against you or a pillow while you hold the bottle or prop it. At least let them feel your warmth against them both if they can't wait until they other is done. With multiples you have to do what you have to do, but do your best to make them both feel snuggley and comfy as possible.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Don't worry, I reported the first Anon. She's completely out of line.
    munch12502

• i prop fed my son and hes perfictly fine..hes a healthy 2yr old..its not lazyness if i thought like most of yall and say its lazy to prop feed id also have to go with its Lazy to give a child a pacifyer..since all they do is make it easier for you not to deal with a screaming kid...to each her own
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2009