Why is everything so cut and dry with some people!!!???

I hate this freaking website sometimes!!!! I ask a simple question, and instead of helpful ideas, I get told what I should and shouldn't be doing. You know what? Maybe what some people do isn't what's best for my kid, ya know? So I fed my kid solids a day before she was 6 months old, some choose to do it sooner, so what!! And my kid is 2 weeks away from 1 year and I'm putting her in a forward facing car seat, so sue me!! Yes there are "suggestions" and regulations, but every kid in the world is different and I'm not going to raise her how everyone THINKS I should, I'm going to raise her how I think I should. So why are some people on such high horses? I guarantee, you're not perfect, so stop trying to make me feel like less of a mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Although pretty true Midnight.

I mean really if you post a question that you're going to do something that most mothers are going to disagree with being the smartest or safest move for your child they're going to voice their opinions.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Have you heard the new Pepsi commercial on the radio? I love it. It starts out with a woman who says she is not being judgemental but being unselfish in correcting her friends wrong thinkings or doings. It made me think of CM when I heard it. Anyways, to answer your question. Sometimes you just have to remember back to 4th grade and ignore the bullies. Sometimes, you have to defend yourself. Either way you have to remember we are all human and we all make mistakes. Are you sure you yourself have not offended anyone here on CM, intentional or not? I look at it that way and I just chose to go on because a cyber fight or arguing is in my opinionnot worth my time.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• If you dont like the answers dont ask the question
    Anonymous

• you have to take what people say with a grain of salt sometimes.
    or maybe them telling you what you should or should not do is their way of trying to help and give their suggestions.
    it's the internet, you never really know how it is suppose to be meant. I am sure I have probably said some things that have offended others but it wasn't meant the way they took it.. KWIM??
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 3:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Anon - was just plain rude and uncalled for
    MidnightKarma

• Here's some great advice: use what you can, and let the rest go in one ear and out the other!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 4:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009