im 40 weeks and have been seeing my doc every 4 days.....

since i was 39 weeks
is this normal?????
the only problem he says i have
is that my cervix is unfavorable

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What that means is that it isn't starting to thin yet.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• yes
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• ya that is normal nothing happened with my cervix with my son til 4 days before he was born and your lucky only every 4 days i have to see mine every other day starting 39 weeks we just starte the every 2 weeks and in a month i got the every week
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• youre going to be either induced or c-section if it comes to it.... not to worry i was induced twice and had to have epidural and water break everything they had to do and they still didnt think i was going to have him, they were getting ready for c-section
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 3:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• With my first one after 39 weeks I was there every other day. It's a normal thing.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• ok thx i was confused
    cuz my sister went past her dude date with her son
    and she still went once a week
    so i was like hummm
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• That's a lot of appointments. But having an unfavorable cervix is TOTALLY normal. That just means nothing has happened yet. And it means that an induction would probably lead to a c-section, so that's a good reason to avoid an induction. Just keep plugging along. Some mama's aren't dilated at all and go from 0 to 10 in a few hours. :)
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 4:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• wow it was every other day for me after 40 weeks! 4 days would have been nice. Every doctor had their own 'rules' so I think it is probably normal for your doctors! Good Luck and happy baby having!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• the last month i was pregnant, i saw the doctor every other day... i had gest. diabetes, my son was breach and also, they thought my protein was to high.. but it wasnt, it was just because i wasnt drinking enough water...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2009