I am going to have twins. Is it ok to let them sleep in the same crib

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yess!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think so, but I have no personal experience with it myself. I know my son's crib is big enough that I could lay one infant at one end and another at the other end and they'd never even touch.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 3:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Some doctors believe it is best because it promotes bonding and sleep since they were in the womb together. If I had twins, I would start them out in the same crib til they were too big and needed separate spaces.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would say it might be okay for the first few months but after that I would get seperate cribs for them. As they start to roll over their would be a higher risk of SIDS and it is better to be safe than sorry.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I dont see why not.

Answer by gemgem at 3:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my twins are due in June and for the first 3-4 months we are putting them in the same crib.
    I belong to a few different multiples groups (on here and other sites) and everyone ive talked to says it depends on the twins. Most of the parents used the same crib for a few months but some had problems getting their twins to sleep together so they used two cribs.

We will have both cribs set up just in case they wont sleep together
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes. My twins are almost 1 1/2 and they still share the same crib. They were in the womb together for 9 months so I didn't want to separate them. At night they usually sleep very close together still.
    Anonymous

• Yes and I would keep them that way until they were moved into toddler beds... I don't have twins but I know other who do have this is what they have done... Good luck!
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My twins just turned one. I originally planned on putting them together for the first couple of months, but they were premature and spent some time in the special care nursery, so they were already separated. When they came home, I used a double bassinet downstairs and 2 cribs upstairs. Even as very young babies, they moved around so much while they slept, I think if they had been together, they would have been waking each other up! My point is, you have to see how your babies are before you decide!
    cherlygirlie

Answer by cherlygirlie at 4:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My mom kept my bro and sis together for quite a long time. I can see how it would depend on the babies though. Just see how they react and decide from there.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2009