How do I get the cat pee smell out of my couch?

When he got our new kitten, our older cat rebelled. He didn't like sharing his litter box, and went looking for a new one. Unfortunately, I can't get the smell out of one of our couch cushions and I'm at a loss. We fixed the problem pretty quick, and he's not peeing anywhere anymore. I've tried Nature's Miracle, another enzyme cleaner from Target, and Febreeze, and nothing's working. What can I do?

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Go to petland or petco and buy some whiff whacker.

Answer by gemgem at 3:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• use lemon scented amonia it shouldnt harm your couch and will get the smell out..
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I had good luck with Odo-Ban and Kids & Pets. Both are available at walmart. Take your cushion outside, if possible, and spray it down good, let it dry, repeat as necessary. Sometimes it takes several times. But both worked great, though. Good luck!
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The Odo-Ban is great! Not only does it kill the odor but it also kills bacteria!
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Good ole' white vinegar.
    put a cup of it mixed with a cup of warm water in a spray bottle, spray on the spot
    and leave overnight. the febreeze it in the morning.
    repeat until no more pee smell.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• That spray Whiff Whacker works great to get the smell out. I'm a vet and my clinic uses it all the time. Haven't been able to find it in stores-we buy it from www.thevetsource.com. It's all natural and doesn't harm the animals olfactory senses. Good LUCK!!
    askyourvet

Answer by askyourvet at 6:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2009