The selfish one

Am I asking him for too much, all I ask him to do … is to please hang up his clothes after I spent hours of doing the laundry! I would neatly fold his things and laying them perfectly in the chest that we share, yet a he refused to hang his things up.

After a hard day of work at the office, only to go home to do more work. Shopping (not for clothes that is), Cooking, and more Laundry, and lighthouse work and brushing my chocolate Lab, my weekends are ALL mine. I try to keep things tighten up; so that my weekend can be free to do the things I enjoy doing, not at Tom Thumb grocery shopping, is not my ideal of a weekend.

“I would love to’, I pop down in the family room or ' computer room' and relax, on the other hand, I am doing Wifely, Woman work… what ever you call it, I DOING IT.

Polo66

Asked by Polo66 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• It's a shame his mother didn't teach him how to do those simple things like hang up his own clothes. No you are not asking too much for him to pick up after himself.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Hahaha, my husband never helps with laundry or any other household chore. In fact, he annoys me so much (and knows it!) because he walks in the door from work, strips down in our entry-way and leaves his clothes there! Knowing he's going to walk straight into the bathroom to shit, shower, and shave WHERE out laundry basket is conveniently located! Now why can't he take his clothes in there with him or wait to take them off until he's in there? Worse...if he does take his clothes off in the bathroom he leaves them on the floor...RIGHT next to the hamper.
    Anonymous

• Can you just hang the clothes up instead of folding them? I know it is the principal of the matter but it would seem to save energy to me by just hanging them up instead of folding and leaving them (and then having to pick them up and hang them when he leaves them or makes a mess of them).

My husband and I both do laundry equally. HOWEVER, he NEVER folds or puts my things away. He gets the clothes out of the dryer, folds and hangs his things and leaves mine smashed at the bottom of the clean-clothes-basket (with the baby clothes, he won't put those away either). When I do his laundry, I put EVERYONE'S things away. So I started to treat him the way he treated me and he got the picture. It's annoying having to iron your shirt in the morning because someone smashed it to the bottom of the hamper instead of hanging it lol.

It's a losing battle really. I just put everything away myself and insist he clean the bathroom.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• MEN ARENT SKILLED LIKE US WOMEN LOL haha
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i tell my husband if i'm to tired from doing to much work i will be to tired for sex. the more he helps out the more sex he gets. i get a husband that helps out and i trade off with sex. i'm been told thats just wrong but heck it works for us and i never complain about him not doing enough around the house just that i have to give sex again but it's not like it's that bad. he is really quite good. so win win.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'm so lucky because my boyfriend is the complete opposite. He's a super neat-nick. Always hangs his clothes up as soon as he gets home. He does the laundry and folds everything nicely before putting away. Sloppy behavior is not inherent to men. A lot of women are slobs too. It's how you were raised and trained by your own parents.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009