Disciline help

When you discipline your child how do you make sure the punishment meets the crime? Could you give me some suggestions on what you do when your child mouths you, wont do as he/she is told, pushes you and or hits you, talks back, says no to you. Im looking for help with my 9, 11 and 13 yr old. Also if you know of a really good group I should join let me know. Thank you any help would be wonderful.

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have rules I went over with my kids they are posted on the fridge and they have consequences listed for every infraction. I stick to it. As for them continueing to be bad well I strip their rooms to nothing but a bed and blankets and make them earn every single item back until they get off their high horse.

Answer by gemgem at 4:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I took several parenting classes which were offered through the school district. Check and see what classes they offer. I always found them helpful! I also read alot. There are some great books on www.cjkidz.com (under the CJKIdz Favorite Things and then click on the Parents Favorite Things) or cut and paste this link http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom-20?node=18&page=1 page through a couple of pages to see all the books.
    momjs

Answer by momjs at 6:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• We would spank and ground our son for any of those things.
    surobb

Answer by surobb at 12:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• There is a series of positive parenting books out read them they are good. I think the woman's name is Jane but I can't remember the last name. I use many of her tips. Some sound really stupid but when you try them and they work you don't think they are so stupid anymore.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• There is a great book called Beyond Toddlerdom by Dr. Christopher Green, for kids 5-12. Once you learn the basic principles, you can apply them to your older children too.
    I bought this book when my son was 5 and even though he is now 12, I still use what I learnt.
    Hope it helps.
    Noosh

Answer by Noosh at 2:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009