MY 4 year old pees the bed.

My sone just turned 4. He goes to the restroom during the day just fine and has been for over a year. He will NOT go at night. I have tried to not give him a drink before bed, wake him up in the middle of the night, reward him for not peeing the bed. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I dunno I asked the same question and was told that theyll do it before we know it. My dd just turned 4 and she has accidents from time to time in the bed. If we go without a a pull up it seems she wets the bed, when we put on a pull up she doesnt. Its weird.

Answer by gemgem at 4:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My DD will be 4 in April, but she has been potty trained since she was 19 months old. She started not peeing the bed when she was a little over 2 but then after about 6 or 8 months she is back to peeing the bed again. I would just not give him so much to drink right before bed. My DD I do that and she still pees the bed. Som kids bladders just can't hold a whole lot until there are older. I was achually 9 years old before I finally stopped wetting the bed. 9 YEARS. I know it is frusterating, but they will get the hang of it someday lol. My DD I can't even put a pullup on her because all she does is take her clothes off before she goes to bed and I don't know until morning lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my son did the same thing at the same age. keep waking him up at midnight or when you get up to pee and make him tinkle too.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Apparently my hubby wet the bed until he was a lot older than that (like 10 or 11). Sometimes it's something they have to grow out of and there's nothing you can do to stop it completely. My sis also had this problem until she was quite old.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My older sister has the same promblem and what she did was buy big kid diapers. The kid may be embarrassed so embarrassed that he may just get up and go !!!
    salenalopez

Answer by salenalopez at 1:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2009