Skip Naps??

How old is your child and how often do they skip taking a nap in their crib or bed? I try to be home so my son (26 months) can sleep in his crib everyday. We only let him skip his nap or nap in the car 1-2 a month.

mazonmom

Asked by mazonmom at 4:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine is 30 months old. For the longest time, I used to plan errands and appointments around when he needed to be sleeping. He has hardly ever slept anywhere BUT in his own crib. Within the last couple of months, though, he's been fighting naps. So once or twice a week, we just let him go without a nap. Then he goes to bed a little earlier in the evening.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 4:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• wow wana trade mine never sleeps anymore lol she is 21 mts and i might get a nap out of her 2 times a week
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think that what you are doing sounds perfect. I know it's a pain in the rear to try and plan life around a babies/toddler's nap schedule, but they are happier kids because of this. Skipping the a nap or letting them sleep in the car once a week so you can get things done isn't going to cause a major melt down but I would stick to the schedule as much as possible. I say enjoy the naps while they last because soon they'll be no more and you'll be wishing for that time back and a less cranky child.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My son is 3 and does not take a nap, but I do make him stay in his room with the door closed till naptime is over. He doesnt make a fuss normally, and very rarely he even sleeps.
    sweetamber2386

Answer by sweetamber2386 at 12:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2009