what could it be?

I am 23, I've been having irregular periods (resonantly every 3 months)then when I finely do I have heavy flow, Severe menstrual cramps, and the months I don't have periods I have intense abdominal pain for a few days and I have pain with sexual intercourse my doctor gave me some pills for 10 days in Dec but when I went back to her a few weeks ago she seemed not to be worried. so should I see a different doc and does anyone know what it could be

this is how it goes I had a period in Jan 7, Mar 12, May 14, June 20, Sept. 13, Dec. 11, then I started today Feb. 23

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Health

• Could it be that one of your ovaries isn't producing eggs? Except for the pain during intercourse, the other symptoms point to this. If your doctor hasn't brought up the reason for your period delays or the pain you should try another doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 4:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• WOW thats what i've been going through for over a year go 3 months with it and then 3 without it myob put me on the pill and said that if i didnt happen to start when I was suppost to that id have to come in and get a pill that starts your period that didnt have to happen and now I've had my period every month for about 6 months. And I never start late so if i were you i'd talk to your dr about starting the pill. Were you on the depo shot by any chance???
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• NO I'M NOT ON OR HAVE EVER BEEN ON DEPO.
    Anonymous