• In the Spotlight:

How can I get my 11 week old from sleeping in swing to crib?

She will sleep in swing at night not swinging. However daytime naps it needs to swing for her to stay asleep for more than 15 minutes! My son always fell asleep to the bottle and I could just place him in the crib.. My daughter however NEVER falls asleep to bottle!

squinn51504

Asked by squinn51504 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pre-warm the crib with a heating pad, that you remove. Then when you put the baby into the crib there won't be the shock of cold sheets.

Answer by Bmat at 4:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my 2nd DD slept in a swing till she was about 4 or 5 months old then she got the pattern of sleeping down and slept in her crib. An 11 week old may not have the sleep pattern down quit yet and may still want a little cuddle and soothing that a swing gives.

setliff

Answer by setliff at 4:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• try swaddling her in one of your shirts and putting her in the crib. this way she has the familiar scent of you and she will feel tight and secure which is what the swing gives her. at babies r us they have a pad that can go under the crib mattress that vibrates. its very soothing which may help her to sleep in there, youll just have to be consistent. whatever you choose to do, keep doing it. you can bounce back and fourth between the swing and the crib becasue she wont catch on. but she'll do it!! just be patient! good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Do you notice if she is bothered when she gets laid down? Like it could be acid reflux? I have no real advice for you- just wondering
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I had the same thing with my son. he was addicted to his swing. this is what I did: I just nursed him to sleep for each nap then placed him in his crib. He would wake up after 5 minutes and get upset. I would try to soothe him back to sleep...if that didn't work he'd go in his swing and I'd try again next time. After doing this for about a week he eventually started sleeping longer and longer in his crib. Now he hates the swing and doesn't want to sleep anywhere but his crib. You actually see the sweetie sigh with relief when he is tired and I place him in his crib. I no longer need to soothe him asleep first either. He just gets tired then once in the crib falls asleep. The magic week is around week 16 for most babies where they just "get it" (of course some are sooner, some later) but don't give up! As a side note, putting a white noise machine in his room also helped alot.
    rorysmomnj

Answer by rorysmomnj at 9:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2009