What was your bleeding like after you gave birth?

Okay I know it is normal. That is not my question. It is just driving me crazy and I want to know when it will stop! I was bleeding for the first 5 weeks straight. Then it started up again at 7 almost 8 weeks and that lasted a week. Now it has started again at 10 weeks and has lasted 5 days so far. With my first I bleed for 4 weeks and then started up my regular period again when he was 3 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Health

• My BFF bled for 3 months. She finally had to go on hormones to stop the bleeding. If it were me having trouble, I'd just call my doc, at least for some peace of mind. i only bled for 2 weeks with both kids, but I had C-Sections, so no trauma down below. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Where you breastfeeding? I breastfeed exclusively and only bled for like 2 weeks then nothing at all. I got pregnant while breasstfeeding so I STILL havn't bled since I had her (over a year) Every one is different and alot of things factor in. Do you use disposable pads? They contain bleach and other harmful materials that actually make you bleed longer! I used cloth pads. I reccomend nursing more often and using cloth pads.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my first one was about like yours but with my 2nd i ended up getting the Depo shot and bleed for 6 months straight (what a crap hole) and am still spotting. so i don't know if you are on any kind of meds but they can really play a huge factor in it.

setliff

Answer by setliff at 4:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yep I breastfeed exclusively and demand and still have had a lot of bleeding
    Anonymous

• I bled for 5 months, I had a c-section, I didn't breastfeed and the hormones didn't work!
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i bled heavy (bright red and clotty) for 8 weeks after each of my kids. To be put on super strong hormones stop a week and then get my period. My last I ended up in the ER 5 days after being released on three different meds and bedrest and ended up having a D and C 9 weeks postpartum.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009