When is it okay to be yourself when no one is?

I think it's not only okay but important to be yourself ESPECIALLY when no one else is.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 4:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I love being my sarcastic, weird, self-concious, annoying, weird food eating, compassionate, dorky self and I wouldn't have it any other way :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• alright.
    Anonymous

• I am always myself. I have never felt like I need to pretend to be something/someone I'm not. If people don't like me for who I am - I could really care less.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 4:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• why be someone else. i wouldn't know how to be someone else cause all i know about is who i am. thing is i think i'm great so i like to show that off and most people really like me for who i am. i've had people tell me they love me and i say back whats not to love. i think most people are themselves and sometimes i'm like hummm i don't like them. those are the people i rarely hang out with.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• well who else would you be?

Answer by admckenzie at 5:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• P.S and I'm just awesome like that.
    Almost like a super hero. :)
    DesignerMom0801

• why would you wanna be somebody else? you are who you are, if youre a ditz youre a ditz no changing that! it would get old pretending to like something that i really dont... dont be someone that your not thats just stupid
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• This is a hard one...as adults we tell our kids to be themselves..but kids can be cruel. Honestly, I wish I could've been more popular in high school. If that meant "being" someone I wasn't, well then to some extent I would've. I would've pretended to care about certain bands or clothes or whatever and maybe tried harder to be "trendy"...I wouldn't have changed my values or anything, but I would've tried to fit in better. That opens the door to people who you might not have gotten the chance to know. Cause in that stage of life we do tend to rely on familiarity (people who like what we like and who look like we look) and don't give others a chance. But, maybe we seem just as hard to approach and if we would just relax and try the other-other side then we could make new friends that didn't meet us as "ourselves" Does anyone get what I'm saying?
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2009