• In the Spotlight:

Whats the difference ...

Whats the difference between settling for things and accepting the way that things are?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 4:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "Settling" refers to being given a choice, and choosing to settle for something that you would not really prefer if given another option.

"Accepting things the way they are" refers to being happy or content without looking for or seeking out another option.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• When you settle for something you are just settling not really accepting it. You still don't accept it but you will put up with it. In accepting it you have set aside your differences with the issue and become ok with it
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 4:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I accepted my exhusband for he way he was and later realized I was settling...I don't really know but if you find out please tell me. I always find that I feel content so Im happy alot, but content doesn't make me see that I need to move forward...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009