For those who have had a scheduled c-section...

How many weeks were you when you had your c-section. My dr was going to mine at 38 weeks but he will be out of the country that week so now he wants to do it the following week. I am wanting to ask him to do it the week before he leaves which will put me at 37 weeks because my brother will be here then and is about to deploy to Iraq and can't stay any longer. Anyone had it done at 37 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope, 39 weeks 1 day
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I did. Only because I went into labor at 37 weeks. I was scheduled closer to 40.
    By the way, my son was fine. He was smaller than he would have been (since babies put on a lot of weight at the very end) and he had a bit of jaundice, but is now a strapping two year old! :-)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My doctor would only do mine 38 weeks or later (with my daughter). The timing worked out best for us to have it done at 39 weeks. My son was born at 37 weeks by C-Section, but it was an emergency. Everything turned out fine, but they did caution me that his lungs may not function 100% then. But he was just fine.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i was 41 weeks.... because my due date was on july 4th, but because the surgeons wanted the holiday off, they didnt schedule me til the following monday.. but it didnt bother me, i just knew my son was coming on monday and that was great.. i knew i was having a csection by the end of my first trimester... tilted pelvis, plus my son was under my ribs and sitting on the bottom of my uterus..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I have had two c-sections, not really planned. This one will be at 39.2 weeks..... at 37 weeks you are full term but I dont know if they will do it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• All 4 of my c-sections were planned and the earliest one was my first. I was 38 weeks and 3 days.
    My 2nd was at 39 weeks and 3 days. The last 2 were at exactly 39 weeks. The OBs I had with my last 2 wouldn't schedule me before 39 weeks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Most won't schedule before 39 weeks because of studies showing that cesareans done at 37-38 weeks cause more short and long term problems with baby.
    Danotoyou2

Answer by Danotoyou2 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Most wont do a scheduled c -section before 38 weeks. Mine was 38 and a half. Good luck either way :), and congrats!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Mine is scheduled for 39 wks. 1 day. The doc. wouldn't do it earlier. I'm ok with it, I just hope I don't go into labor beforehand! I'm 2 cm's and having bloody show. My girl is breech so I'm scared of going into labor.
    Anonymous

• what kind of mothers put the babys health AFTER their own silly reasons?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2009