What's the worst thing you've ever said to a loved one?

I don't mean the nasty snipes that you let fly in the heat of an argument, but in the normal course of life. My mom got cancer ten years ago, and when she called to tell me about it, instead of telling her how sorry I was, I asked her if it was something genetic that I might get later in life. I can't believe I was so selfish!

jburg2541

Asked by jburg2541 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think that was selfish. It was a legitmate concern. Wouldn't have been the first thing out of my mouth, but I would've asked too. I think the worst thing I've said was to my DH and told him that it was his fault we didn't have a house anymore and were living with my in-laws. :(
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 5:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• OH MAN!! I was once complaining about my acne to my mom (when I was a teenager) and said something along the line that it was heredity and that she had bad skin. I immediately felt bad and tried to fix it, but the damage was done. I also told my husband he was an a-hole...but he admits it too.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• When I was a single mom, I was talking to my cousin who was also a single mom at the time. I was feeling sorry for myself thinkin I would never have another date again (I was still young and stupid) and I said "What guy is going to want a woman with a kid?" I realized what I said but it was too late. I felt like an idiot.
    Anonymous

• My husband was being an idiot and out of the blue, I said "GO F--K YOURSELF, FATTY".
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2009