dress up child for easter

In my family with 6 little kids under 4 my sister law and i are the only 2 that dresses up their kids for easter the other 4 are in jeans. So does anyone else dress up their kid for easter and how muck do you spend on a easter outfit I spent 40 on a dress for dd.

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 4:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Holidays

• In Hawaii Easter is very casual. We do "dress" but it is appropriate for Hawaii weather. I have 6 boys & 2 girls that ages from 21 yrs to 21 mos. The boys will have a nice dress shirt but paired with a nice jeans instead of dress slacks. The girls will match in color & or shade but the style be age appropriate, to include myself & my adult daughter & pre-teen daughter. In our family Ressurrection Sunday is a manditory either in serving or attending, so we have traditionally had a theme in what we wear as a unit. My sisters do the same for their families too ! Have fun with it, create your own tradition and stick with it, who knows it may catch on & others may follow along.
    Aloha, Danielle
    danielle808

Answer by danielle808 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have an 8 yr old boy... he dresses up for Easter and any Holiday that deems....
    We will be getting him a new pair of pants, shirt and a tie... of his choice in colors of course...lol... but yes we dress up... and it's only to go to my MIL's for dinner...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I always dressed my girls up for Easter. It was their "Easter outfit". A few times I sewed their dresses, once even sewed matching mother-daughter dresses. It was kinda like a ritual of spring in a way. I wouldn't spend a lot if I purchased them. It was just a new, spring-looking dress.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 7:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i do, i buy my daughter a cute lil easter dress, i dont go out spending lotsa money maybe like 20 bucks..but still..its a dress..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yes I buy dresses for my girls from the Gap or Gymboree every year for Easter. I make sure I buy something that they can wear they rest of the season.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2009