What do you like about CafeMom?

Yea, there are the bad parts: stupid advice, bashing, arguements, flat out wrong answers. But what is the good? What keeps you coming back? What makes it so addictive? I like having adult conversations about intelligent, and sometimes not-so-intelligent, topics. It is good to kinda "get away" from the constant run around of being a mom. Plus being able to speak my mind and have others agree with me is not so bad!

AnnaMac

Asked by AnnaMac at 4:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I enjoy the opportunity to give and receive support, meet new friends (I met one of my best real life friends here on CafeMom!), chatting with random people, I've been a member for almost 2 years now and am always telling people about CafeMom!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• There's alot to do on CM~ I like the showdowns, polls, questions& answers, also groups are cool and chats are alright uless you get into one with the people who form cliques.
    Anonymous

• Okay people are probably gonna bash me for this, hence the anon button, but it is good to see that I am not so stupid as others. When I read stupid questions over and over or see that some people can hardly spell, don't know grammar or even correct English (this only applies to Americans of course. I wouldn't think this of someone who English is their second language) it makes me feel like a smarter person. When I read about some women's terrible husbands it makes me appreciate mine that much more. When I read about others major problems or huge mistakes, it makes me greatful for the life I have and want to work hard to keep it.
    Anonymous

• I won't bash you anon... I do like being helpful to other moms if I have been somewhere before and can help... but sometimes the questions and posts make me realize just how lucky I am not to have to deal with some of the stuff other moms do.
    I like the intelligent and not so intelligent conversations, my husband is working a lot right now so this IS
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my adult contact.. (sorry, hit tab on accident)
    LuckyClown

• I like being able to answer and get good answers and suggestions from others who have been there done that. I LOVE THIS SITE
    Anonymous