Are energy drinks (if under the 200mg caffeine limit) ok to drink if I'm trying to conceive?

I drink a sugar free rockstar every morning and wondering if it's hindering my chances of becoming pregnant. I am staying under the 200 mg of caffeine per day...just don't know if there's a lot of funky stuff in there that can affect my fertility.

feliflew

Asked by feliflew at 4:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Caffeine intake is linked to both infertility and miscarriage. Caffeine can significantly reduce your chances of getting pregnant. I'm sure you plan on not drinking those once you get pregnant, however, if you do get pregnant and drink one while it is too soon to tell, you also risk losing the fetus by exposing it to caffeine. In addition, here is little to no research on the affects of artificial sweeteners (rockstar is packed with them) on fertility and a fetus. I say anything artificial is probably not good for a baby and no research and inconclusive findings are good enough reasons for me to stay away from artificial sweeteners while I'm trying to get pregnant and during pregnancy. There are many links you'll find that will support what I've just said by googling "impact of caffiene on fertility" here is just one of them: http://www.preconception.com.au/WhatCanImpactFertility.aspx Good luck!

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009