Ok to freeze Cream Cheese?

I had a b-b-q this weekend, I provided the main course (hotdogs and hambugers) and the rest was provided via potluck. One guest brought some very nice/expensive flavored cream cheeses (her sister's mother-in-law owns the company so she gets them for free) and she insisted that I keep them. Well, 3 of the containers aren't even opened yet, and I don't want them to go bad. Will they keep if I just stick them in the freezer?

CarolynBarnett

Asked by CarolynBarnett at 5:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• they should still keep un opened for over 3 weeks. yes you can freeze them butyou will need to whip them up a bit after thawing.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I don't know if Chefjen is right or not. I didn't think you could thaw soft cheese cause bacteria grows in them even though they are in the freezer.
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 8:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009