Did walking REALLY help you?

I am at 37 weeks and want to walk..I'm dialted to 2 cm and 50% effaced....

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 5:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sex and walking REALLY help get things movin along
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 5:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• well im not even dilated
    and last week my doc told me ot walk alot cuz it helps
    well yesterday he said no more walking
    cuz it is making me swell up
    and not helping
    buti guess if ur all ready dilated then it should help but i would try to wait to have the baby till ur around 40 weeks
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I walked during the last 2 weeks. On the day my water broke, I lost my mucous plug and was having the exact same contractions I'd been having for a week.

I would say that walking helps keep you in some form of shape to actually have a slightly easier labor. My water broke at 11:30 PM on the day that I said was my actual due date. So I don't think it brought my labor on any earlier (keep in mind, I was in early labor for a WEEK) but the contractions didn't escalate until after the water broke and even THEN I could talk through them.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Walking didnt help me at all to start labor. I walked avrg of 2hrs a day and nothing. I had to be induce because I was at my due date and showing no signs of even starting labor. I think that I am the exception not the rule.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 5:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• walking didnt help me to START labor. I was 3cm and 50% effaced for about 4 weeks and i walked about an hour to two hours a day! It didnt help. But, I did have my membranes stripped, and to make sure that that took and kept me in labor i walked all that day. I was worried of the contactions stopping, so walking helped me to continue on in llabor, but it didnt help me to go into labor
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• sounds like you have 3 more weeks for the baby to grow. Walking did help get things moving and it was good exercise.
    Anonymous

• once your body AND baby are ready then walking or sex "may" help you move along... they make your body contract and this "could" dilate you some more, AGAIN only if your body is ready :)
    mommy-2-3

Answer by mommy-2-3 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2009