Masturbation??

According to the bible, is it okay to masturbate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is a book called... Where to find it in the Bible...

Masturbation is in there. A small verse. That I can't quote cause I gave the book back to its owner.

It didn't speak of in in a negative way, in fact the setting was the guy being on holy land and he was advised if he had to do it... to go outside holy land and once he relieved himself he had to cover it with dirt or something before returning.

Which to me indicates God is very aware of our "needs"...we preach not have sex before marriage... i think i would rather do myself than go paying for it or encourage my son to pay a hooker....that is retarded. =)
    GeniusMon

Answer by GeniusMon at 7:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am not sure but I am a Christian and I find nothing wrong with it.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 5:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I don't think there is anything in the bible about masterbation. Back when that thing was written sex was for makin babies. I think it is ok to masterbate. Most see nothing wrong with it
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 5:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• the bible doesn't say but in our religion it's best not to so that you rule your body not your body ruling over you. having control our your body so that you don't fall into temptation to have premarital sex or porn addiction etc.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No, according to the Bible masturbation is not OK.
    Anonymous

• The Bible doesnt say anything about playing with yourself. Its what churches teach and find ways to fit the Bible into their speeches.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Actually, it does. Just do some research.
    Anonymous

• The bible briefly talks about waisting the seed but not masturbation by name... It's all in how YOU interprete it...  I say do some reading and find the answer for yourself.  Traditionally the Church taught that any sexual activity other than sex between husband and wife was EVIL...  Some churches even get in to positions that are okay...  So, what do YOU feel is okay?  Since masterbation is not mentioned itself it's up to what you read in to it... 

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Churches teach that oral sex is wrong sometimes.As far as masturbating,I will teach my own kid thank you.A visiting pastor at my son's church told him it was more biblical to go to a hooker than to masturbate.That is a load of crap.I lost my mind.
    As far as self love,hell a lot of people don't love the other person they have sex with so why would masturbation be associated with self love.
    It is not a sin so grab your little white bottle with the orange top and go to town!!!!
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 7:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• What?It is masturbation not masterbation.WOW!!!
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 7:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009