OLD MOVIES IN BLACK AND WHITE

Sometimes I'll flick the channels and come across old movies that were made in the 30's or 40's and see how the actresses dressed, wore their hair, and did their makeup. Not to mention how thin and pretty some old time actresses were and how handsome some old time actors were. I find it interesting. Does anyone else do that?

elainecat

Asked by elainecat at 5:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do. Love old hollywood glamour.
    Anonymous

• Have you ever sat down and watched one? My husband and I recently got into old movies and can't get enough!! The plots are so much better than any of the crap that's out there today. You don't need to make sure that your kids are in bed before starting one for fear that they'll hear curses or see naked women. Actors/actresses had to have real talent back then. And I definitely agree that they were super handsome/pretty.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I love old movies! But the awesome thing is that my kids do, too. It was weird, I decided to watch Casablanca one night when I was letting them "camp out" in the living room, b/c they were supposed to be going to sleep and I figured it would bore them to sleep...lol. Turned out, they watched the whole thing with me. But I like some of the ones in color, too, like Meet Me In St. Louis.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I love it.
    So pretty.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I like some of the colored ones too, like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
    DesignerMom0801

• Love them!!!! And Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is one of my all time faves...
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• O.K. I NEVER SAW "CASABLANCA" OR "GONE WITH THE WIND" I KNOW HOW BAD OF ME.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 5:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Sometimes....I like to watch the old Hitchcock films, The Grapes of Wrath, 12 Angry Men, and some others I can't remember names to. I also love to watch all the episodes of I Love Lucy!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2009