can you really get an infection by doing it on your period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Health

• I have never heard of that but I have never had an infection "down there" and I have always had sex on my period
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 5:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No. There is no link between an infection and having sex on your period,. You ahve been misinformed. Actually, having sex on your period can ease cramping ad other pms symptoms.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think this is bogus. But I know some people believe it because supposedly the opening to the uterus is bigger to allow for the flow of the menstrual blood. As your OB/Gyn for a definite answer.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You can get an infection anytime you do it, period or not. The reason why you may be more supsectable is because your body is breaking down and renewing your uterine lining so your immune system is a little more weak. Also the blood along with bacteria can be pushed into your urethra causing an infection.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009