Is it just me or ??????????????????

This is NOT a bashing of any religion post...
This is something that I have noticed a lot around here on CM...
Are Christians, (NOT ALL) but a good portion of them having belief/faith or inner termoil issues?
The reason behind the question is that there are a lot of hostility all over CM with Bible verses being thrown in as their answer to it ALL...
I mean can you "Not " answer a question without a Bible verse or 2?
There are so many wonderful women on CM of all types of backgrounds and many, and I mean many of them are very dear friends of mine, but some of them too have noticed that the Christian ladies here are throwing "my religion is better than yours" at a lot of people...
Anyone... Why ? Is it bc there are so many people leaving the mainstream religion secs that they feel it is their duty to pour the Bible down anothers throat?
I do not mind someone using a verse or 2,3,4 etc to make a point... cont...

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 5:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• laranadtony: very well said.
    OP.. your going to get it.. because some people can't understand the basics of religion as a definition. They believe that their beliefs are the only TRUE way.. and even if you try to tell them how happy you are with your believes you are considered wrong and in the dark, etc, etc. It amazes me when people say this, it really does.. lol. Perhaps I can't understand how someone else can't see that there are more ways than one to find peace in life.. be it Paganism, Buddhism, Christianity, atheist, agnostic, etc, etc, etc. There is no one way to find that peace in your life.. When you reach it, keep it. When it gets degrading though.. I do step in and say something. People might think I'm being rude because of it.. but I HATE when someone downgrades anothers religion based on words in a book. There are better ways to get a point across.
    BTW OP- love your pic
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Nor do I mind those who will say a prayer for me... but there are so many who will flat out say your religion is "Wrong" you NEED to change or go to Hell... well for one I don't believe in Hell or the Devil so it's a mood point for me... he or it is a man made item... but why the scare tatics...
    And yes it is mostly the Christian sec... not just one demon... but many...
    I am curious...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'm a Christian and don't throw around Bible verses. I'm sorry some are beating you over the head with it. Just like any other group, Christians have their fair share of fanatics!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• This is exactly why I am not a part of an organized religion. I have my own ideas and I believe in God, but just choose to worship differently than said Christians. I have people praying that my children won't be heathens like me!!! It is kind of sad...

heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No I am NOT being beat up with verses, but others have been... infact I am completely comfortable with myself and my beliefs as Witch... but so many others aren't so lucky... they are looking for guidance and they are getting (ummm don't know how to say it) I guess beat up... instead of being helped...
    Don't get me wrong there are SO MANY Christians that DONT' do this and they do help, but it's those few that seem to come out of the wood work (you might say) ...
    I guess I am just trying to defend those who ARE being beat up on...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You're a good friend for trying to get answers for them, gmasboy. Sometimes the smallest wheel squeaks the loudest. Meaning...some Christians aren't too sure of themselves and so need to cram their beliefs down the throat of someone they perceive is weaker than them, just to make themselves feel better than others. Bullies come in all religions, as I'm sure you'll agree.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Just like Timelessglass said, there are fanatics in all religions, and fanatics are scary! I find that kind of "advice" totally unhelpful, once someone starts in with bible verses or "its all in God's hands" kind of answers I just skip to the next.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree with you timelessglass... Yes there are those in ALL relgions that will bully another... thou their beliefs state not too, it is as if they can not help themselves...
    I personally "Will not" EVER preach what I believe to another... I will explain it if asked, but being of my beliefs there are NO Bible verses to quote...LOL...
    My tolerance seems to go low when others are not strong enough on their own to stand up for themselves and they become prey ....
    And I do so try to be so nice...LOL... :)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I understand what you're saying. I'm not part of a mainstream religion, but I have respect for all beliefs and feel we can all learn from each other. That said, I'm don't care for fanatics and there seems to be somewhat of an increase in extremism here at CM. Maybe it's just more noticable because this is the web. I think fear is the thing that drives a lot of this hositility though. Sadly, when people feel that way, they look for scapegoats.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 5:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• im sorry but Christians and I am one is not holding a gun up to your head and say hey believe what I believe.. We have a right to tell what we believe and all we can do is tell you and its up to you if you want to believe it or not. Its just another jewel in our crown.. The bible wants us to spread the word. Not everyone believes but we still have to do it people can hate me if they want but im a daughter of the King and the is KING JESUS... God bless you all....

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009