My period has been messed up since I had my daughter a year ago, we're trying for number 2 but havent had my period since Dec. Im not preggo now, but i dont know when to test next

do i just test at random if my period stays goofy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had irregular periods for over a year myself. I would just take a pregnancy test once every 20-30 days. It got expensive but at least I knew if I were pregnant or not. You can take a progesterone series monthly to jump-start your period each month until it starts to happen again naturally. If you are trying to get pregnant, your doctor might pair your progesterone series with clomid (which stimulates ovulation). Try to eat as healthy as possible and exercise. Reduce the sugar (too much sugar can cause your body to over-produce insulin. Excess insulin can interfere with ovulation). Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Look into the book called "Taking Charge of your Fertility". You can get more info on it at Amazon. It may help you quite a bit with what you're going through. Plus, it's fascinating to read!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Something you can look into is discussing this with your OB and they may be able to "jump-start" you by giving you a series of 5 pills which will give you a period. Also, if you've been breastfeeding (or stopped within the past 3 to 6 months) that can mess with your cycle a bit.

Then again, if I got pregnant right now I'd have to honestly answer the question of LMP date as January 26, 2006 - when I got pregnant with my son ... I'd been on Depo for almost 2 years and just stopped back in November so I haven't had a period sicne I got pregnant.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009