Has anyone used the NuvaRing? If so,did you like it & did you have any side effects?

mamakourt

Asked by mamakourt at 5:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Health

• My sister used it and had a terrible experience with it. She got a really bad infection from it and now she may be sterile.
    Anonymous

• I haven't but my sister used to use it. Now, keeping in mind that my sister has limited mobility (or motivation to move), and smokes AND just last month turned 36 ... she developed the blood clots they warn you are a possible side effect. Generally, the side effects are the same as for birth control pills.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• yep, loved it, I used it to increase the length of time between periods (don't tell my doc) and had lighter shorter periods because I did not wait as long as I should have to put itback in...no pregnancy while I was on it which was about two years.....side effects, not really except I think maybe I got hit a little harder by hormones during pms time... so you may need to control your Bitchyness if you have any...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I used it and really liked it. I wish I could again but I can't. It didn't give me mood swings like other BC. It was easy to put in and forget about and I couldn't feel it at all during sex. It also made it easy to skip a period if I wanted to.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i loved it.
    as soon as I have the baby I'm def. going back on it.
    you just put it in and forget about it for three weeks which means you don't forget to take it like the pills.
    thats my fav.part.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I didn't use it, but have a close friend that got preggo using it.
    JacobsMommy9507

Answer by JacobsMommy9507 at 6:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2009