Does your 4 year old get bored at home? What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Luckily shes in pre-k this year! Is there some kind of pre-k in your area?
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Do you have any other children in your area? Sometimes just bringing a friend or two over your house so that the children can play is good. Also for inside fun the internet has lots of activities that you and your child can do. Try PBS Sprout, Sesame Street, and Nick Jr. lots of wonderful learning activities and games. My son loves this. You can even print out some coloring pages and fun crafts.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Of course... but I try to do activities with him. He's in pre-k and he loves it and when he get's home we usually relax and watch TV for a bit then we do a workbook and read and work on his tracing and letters and we color and play computer games and sometimes we dance and act silly. Sometimes they just need to have independent play too.
    ProudMomma2183

Answer by ProudMomma2183 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm a SAHM of a 2 year old and 4 year old - we play board games, color, play with play-doh, play with building blocks, read books, play Preschool/Toddler Games online. Our favorite is www.starfall.com - they learn there letters, the sounds the letters make and has cute little games. Right now I'm working on Sight Words with my 4 year old and having fun with it. If you need anymore suggestions or want some fun Preschool/Toddler sites for your little one feel free to contact me. I have a bunch lol - and they are ALL educational & fun! :)

Good Luck Momma

simple smile

MommaBear_0406

Answer by MommaBear_0406 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I sell Usborne Books so I bought him tons of the activity books and have sectioned off times of day to do lessons. It makes the day go smoothly because he has something to look forward to and gets him ready for school. You can check out the books I'm talking about on my website. They're really inexpensive and great www.ubah.com/u2688
    Try these
    First Numbers
    Letters
    Opposites
    Starting to Add
    Crayon Activities Pack
    30 Yummy Things to Cook and Eat (says six and up but as long as youre helping him its fun)
    50 Science Things to Make and Do (same as cooking. great fun for both of you!)
    The Flash Cards are great. We're doing Telling Time Flash Cards now
    What Shall I Grow? Got my son into gardening!
    Tons of great ones. Most are only $4.99 Take 10-15 minutes breaks at a time through the day and have science time, math time, garden time, reading time, writing time etc. It really helps and
    Hope that helps :) Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2009