highchairs to booster seat

My son is 14 1/2 months old and he figure out how to climb out of his highchair withouth the tray on the chair but he also is trying to figure out how to climb out of the chair with the tray on. I do use the straps when my son is in the highchair but he seems to figure out how to get his arms out of the straps. So my hubby and I were thinking about not using the highchair anymore and just using a booster seat because it will take up less room and we will not have to worry about our son trying to climb out of it. So when did you stop using the highchair and if you still use one how to you keep you little one in the chair.

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd was a year when she started sitting at the table w/us or you could buy him a table and chairs $30 at wal-mart there good for coloring too
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Our son was around 18 months old when we got a booster at Walmart with straps that attach to the chair, and have straps that go around his waist.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• We have the same I think as timelassglass it's from walmart and can attach to a chair it is like $12 .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 7:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• We have a fisher price adjustable booster. It straps to your kitchen chair and then has straps to hold the child in. It has a tray but can be used without the tray if needed. It has 3 levels of height adjustment. I received it as a shower gift so I'm not sure where to find it. I'd try Target or Walmart.

Oh, my son is 16 months old and we have been using it since he was first eating solids.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Just get the little booster chair that has straps to connect to the chair and to keep the child in. Slide his chair all the way up against the table and he wont be able to escape. My son went straight from his high chair to this chair boosting contraption called the kaboost. They have a website. I love it because it brings him to the height of the table like a big boy and I dont have to deal with a booster or anything. If I remember right he started using it at 18 months and is almost 3 now.
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 9:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• layla's almost 15 months still going strong on the highchair... I plan to use it til she's 5... hahahaha KIDDING it's so easy. She knows better then to try to escape! I would love one of the all wood ones that are less bulky like the eddie bauer one.. but I don't feel like shoveling out 100-130 bucks for a new highchair. Sigh I wish I was a smarter highchair shopper back when I was pregnant!
    JerseyMamaa

Answer by JerseyMamaa at 10:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009