Little boys exposing themselves?

My son is two and is exposing himself to the other children at day care. What do I do? Is this normal? Is any one else experiencing this with their toddler? I am really concerned that my child is going to grow up with a weird fetish if I put too much emphasis on the subject, I really dont know how to handle this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think this is normal 2 year old behavior. If it's not then my 2 year old is just as weird as yours :) DH just keeps reminding me that he's found a new toy to play with and wants to show it off. I just keep reminding him that we don't pull our pants down and show ourselves off in public. Hopefully, he will grow out of it!
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 6:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• the daycare workers didnt have any advice? they should have plenty of experience on the best way to handle a situation like that....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Haha this is funny to me. I do childcare out of my home and my son is quite literally a nudist! I have THE hardest time getting him to keep his clothes on. It started when I potty trained him by letting him run around with no diaper...magic potty training tool, but bad for getting clothes back on! Your son is prabably in that stage of discovery. Whatever you do, do not make him feel ashamed of his privates. Just keep teaching him that we leave our clothes on unless going potty or taking a bath. Naked time is for at home :)
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 9:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Well I actually work in the day care and my son still does it. I just don't want other people to be offended by it or grossed out. Some people are anal like that. Thanks for the input tho everyone, I don't feel so alone now, haha.
    Anonymous