• In the Spotlight:

sick during labor?

Anyone here been sick when they gave birth? I'm getting induced Friday morning and I feel a head cold coming on with a scratchy/sore throat and I also feel feverish. Everyone at my son's school is sick so i'm sure he brought it home. Is this going to affect my delivery in any way?

kstap_4

Asked by kstap_4 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would delay it if I was you. Delivery is bad enough......all the meds and stuff they put in ya...
    Anonymous

• Just wait it out and DONT get induced. The doctors always say you should get induced, but its not necessary.
    Anonymous

• If you are being induced for medical reasons then you can't exactly say no. I was sick with my 2nd, I had a horrible head cold. It just made it a little harder to breath sometimes, I had to blow my nose between pushes, it all worked out and after the baby was born I was given some meds for my cold. Don't worry about it you will be fine, women give birth in all kinds of conditions.
    Anonymous