DOES ANYONE KNOW

how to cure a burn without to bad of scarring? My daughter burned her skin on our fireplace a few days ago. I would say only 2nd degree, put meds on it and have kept it wrapped. I hear you are supposed to rub off all the dry skin so fresh will grow back. Anyone know anything more about this or something else I should be doing to take care of this????

racingmomma

Asked by racingmomma at 6:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Aloe!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Dont wrapp a burn. Im pretty sure its suppose to breath~
    Anonymous

• ALOE on a BURN? Not sunburn a burn?

Thanks~ I only wrapped to keep the silverden on it.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 6:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I had a really bad burn on my arm from a pan out of the oven at work one time. I was told to not wrap it up and let it breathe or it would burn deeper into the layers of skin. I used an oinment given to me at work for burns and for the scarring I used vitamin E tablets with the gel inside that I cut open and spread on it once a day.
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 9:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• When it's healed, vitamin E oil
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thank You to all the you wonderful ladies....Unfortunatly I already wrapped and have had it wrapped for 2 days, with breathing in between medicine. But It's on her arm and to keep anything on it, I had to wrap. (loosly) But tomorrow when she awakes I will put vitamen E meds on her....THANKS AGAIN
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 1:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2009